Against the Tide
Saturday, June 20, 2015 at DCR's Hopkinton State Park in Hopkinton, MA
Saturday, August 15, 2015 at DCR's Nickerson State Park in Brewster, MA
Against the Tide is a family-friendly fundraiser to benefit the Massachusetts Breast Cancer Coalition (MBCC). This event, held rain or shine, consists of several different activities (now including the Aquathon, consisting of a 1 mi swim and your choice of a 5K or 10K run). You may participate in up to four of these recreational or competitive activities:
> Competitive 1 mi Swim
> Competitive 5K Run
> Competitive 10K Run
> Recreational 5K Run
> Recreational 10K Run
> Recreational 1 mi Swim
> Recreational 3 mi Walk*
> Recreational 2 mi Kayak
*NOTE: individuals cannot participate in both walk and run components due to timing conflicts. To view the schedule of events please click here.
Registration is easy!
**Please note that if you are registering others in addition to yourself, you must enter a unique email address for each participant who will be fundraising. (If the participant you are registering does not have an email address, please use an email service like Gmail or Hotmail to create an email account before proceeding).
1. Click the green "Start Fundraising" button at the top of this page.
2. Select your event: Against the Tide in Hopkinton or Brewster.
3. Click the green "Register" button at the top of the page.
4. Register as a Participant if you will be joining us for Against the Tide, or register as a Non-Participant if you will not be able to join us but would still like to fundraise for the event (you do not need to register to make a donation or pledge).
5. Create a First Giving account by providing some basic information.
6. Join or create a team (optional). If you are creating a team and want to register additional team members now, you must have a unique email address for each member.
7. Be creative when you create your fundraising page: add a photo, personalize the text on your page, and tell people why raising money for breast cancer prevention is important to you!
8. When you are finished, email your friends, family, and co-workers to let them know that you are participating in Against the Tide, and watch your donations stream in!
With registration questions, please contact the First Giving Support Team
at 877-365-2949 or email@example.com
For frequently asked questions (FAQ), please click here
Making a pledge is easy!
To make a pledge to an individual, click "Fundraisers" on the blue bar at the top of this page. Find the individual to whom you would like to make a pledge, and click on his or her name. To make your pledge, click the green "donate" button at the top of the page.
Checks can also be mailed to the MBCC office. Our mailing address is Post Office Box 222, Rockland, MA 02370. Please note that online registration closes at noon on the Friday before each event. After that time, please join us at the walk-in registration table at the event on Saturday morning. The event will be held rain or shine.
New for 2015: Out of respect for our generous kayak sponsors and all they do to make this event possible, we must ensure that we only reserve as many kayaks as are needed for the event. At the time of registration, kayak participants will need to make a $20 non-refundable kayak deposit. This $20 deposit will contribute to your $175 fundraising minimum ($100 minimum, if a member of a team). Kayak participants may bypass this $20 deposit if they bring their own kayaks. Participants under 18 years of age are required to paddle in a tandem kayak with a registered participant 18 years of age or older. The $20 deposit is per kayak reserved, not per participant in the kayak. There will only be 20 kayaks available for each event, on a first come, first serve basis.
Registration Questions: First Giving Support 877-365-2949 or firstname.lastname@example.org
General Event Questions: Event Coordinator 508-246-3047 or email@example.com
More Event information: mbcc.org/swim or facebook.com/mbccorg
The Massachusetts Breast Cancer Coalition, dedicated to challenging all obstacles to the eradication of breast cancer, believes that compelling research exists linking environmental toxins to the dramatic rise in breast cancer incidence over the past several decades. MBCC presents an alternative vision and a new agenda for breast cancer. We work to end the disease before it starts.
$2,540 raised | 29 supporters
$1,555 raised | 14 supporters
$1,100 raised | 26 supporters
$905 raised | 22 supporters
$800 raised | 11 supporters
$625 raised | 16 supporters