Against the Tide
June 21, 2014 at DCR's Hopkinton State Park in Hopkinton, MA
August 16, 2014 at DCR's Nickerson State Park in Brewster, MA
Against the Tide is a family-friendly fundraiser to benefit the Massachusetts Breast Cancer Coalition (MBCC). This event, held rain or shine, consists of several different activities (now including the Aquathlon, consisting of a 1 mi swim and your choice of a 5K or 10K run). You may participate in up to four of these recreational or competitive activities:
> Competitive 1 mi Swim
> Competitive 5K Run
> Competitive 10K Run
> Recreational 5K Run
> Recreational 10K Run
> Recreational 1 mi Swim
> Recreational 3 mi Walk*
> Recreational 2 mi Kayak
*NOTE: individuals cannot participate in both walk and run components due to timing conflicts. To view the schedule of events please click here.
Registration is easy!
1. Click the green "Start Fundraising" button at the top of this page.
2. Select your event: Against the Tide in Hopkinton or Brewster.
3. Click the green "Register" button at the top of the page.
4. Register as a Participant if you will be joining us for Against the Tide, or register as a Non-Participant if you will not be able to join us but would still like to fundraise for the event (you do not need to register to make a donation or pledge).
5. Create a First Giving account by providing some basic information.
6. Join or create a team (optional).
7. Be creative when you create your fundraising page: add a photo, personalize the text on your page, and tell people why raising money for breast cancer prevention is important to you!
8. When you are finished, email your friends, family, and co-workers to let them know that you are participating in Against the Tide, and watch your donations stream in!
With registration questions, please contact the First Giving Support Team
at 877-365-2949 or email@example.com
For frequently asked questions (FAQ), please click here
Making a pledge is easy!
To make a pledge to an individual, click "Fundraisers" on the blue bar at the top of this page. Find the individual to whom you would like to make a pledge, and click on his or her name. To make your pledge, click the green "donate" button at the top of the page.
Checks can also be mailed to the MBCC office. MBCC requires that every participant, whether registering as an individual or part of a team, commits to raising the $175 fundraising minimum prior to the event. Please note that online registration closes at noon on the Friday before each event. After that time, please join us at the walk-in registration table at the event on Saturday morning. The event will be held RAIN OR SHINE.
A limited number of kayaks will be provided the day of the event from our generous sponsors, Boating in Boston and Goose Hummock, free of charge. To ensure that you will have a kayak to use, please reserve a kayak when you register for the event. Participants are also encouraged to bring their own kayaks. Participants under 18 years of age are required to paddle in a tandem kayak with someone over the age of 18.
Registration Questions: First Giving Support 877-365-2949 or firstname.lastname@example.org
General Event Questions: Event Coordinator 508-246-3047 or email@example.com
More Event information: mbcc.org/swim or facebook.com/mbccorg
The Massachusetts Breast Cancer Coalition, dedicated to challenging all obstacles to the eradication of breast cancer, believes that compelling research exists linking environmental toxins to the dramatic rise in breast cancer incidence over the past several decades. MBCC presents an alternative vision and a new agenda for breast cancer. We work to end the disease before it starts.