Welcome! Here you’ll find information about Napa Humane and our important programs and services. We thank you for your interest and support.
Napa Humane does not operate a shelter but instead strives to keep companion animals from going into shelters with programs designed to provide support, education and assistance for all the people who care for and about companion animals.
We do so by provide low-cost spay/neuter, vaccinations, and microchipping at our Napa Humane Spay/Neuter Clinic, Humane Education in the classroom and in the community, and a behavior helpline known as “Companion Connection” designed to assist pet owners with solutions to issues that might cause animals to be surrendered to a shelter.
For those animals living in the Napa County Animal Shelter (the municipal shelter serving homeless animals in Napa County), we provide a number of programs and services including showcasing the animals at events using our Mobile Adoption Unit.
Our Mission: To promote the welfare of companion animals through protection, advocacy, education, and by example.
Our Vision: A humane home for every adoptable companion animal in Napa County.
As a premier advocate for companion animals in Napa County, Napa Humane leads the evolution of our communities to where:
- Every companion animal is a wanted animal, residing in a humane household.
- No companion animal will be subject to abuse or neglect.
- All companion animals have access to fundamental health care.
- Lost companion animals swiftly find their way home.
- Increased animal understanding allows people to form life-long, healthy, loving bonds with their companion animals.
- Sheltered animals are the first choice for those seeking a companion animal.
- Companion animals are protected in the time of disaster.
- All those dedicated to the welfare of domestic animals work collaboratively.