NMS Performathon 2012
Four days to raise as much money as possible to support Financial Aid at NMS!
One in four students at NMS is able to share your love of music, dance, and theater because of financial aid. Imagine your dance recital without the friend you partner with at your favorite part of the piece. Think of your quartet with an empty chair. Without financial aid, there’s something missing at NMS.
You Make a Difference:
Performathon proceeds fund approximately 15% of students receiving financial aid. This year we’re inviting 100% of NMS families to participate in Performathon in some way. Volunteer to work at one of the Performathon performance hours. Support an hour, a day, or the entire event as a Performathon Sponsor! Or become one of hundreds of NMS students who raise funds and participate in our marathon of 3 minute performances to celebrate the NMS community.
How it Works:
- Register as a participant and make your very own webpage where friends, family, and neighbors can make pledges, read about your favorite NMS moments, and track your fundraising effort. Envelopes will be available for collection as well, but we encourage registering online as a key strategy to raising the most possible dollars and maybe winning one of the amazing Performathon prizes for the top 10 fundraisers!
- On the website, you can even create or join a team comprised of friends, or your teacher’s studio, or your section in the Wind Ensemble, or whatever you like. As part of the registration process, you will be asked if you want to create or join a team, which is optional. If you do create one, make sure to tell your friends if you want them to join you (or remember to join their team if they registered first!) Remember, just one team affiliation per student.
- Throughout the month of March, spread the word through Facebook, Twitter, or any of your favorite social media, along with word of mouth and calls to those nearest and dearest; letting them know you are working to fund fellow students at NMS who could not participate without their support.
- Check in with your teacher about reserved performance times or signing up for a slot at a time that best fits your schedule; then select up to a three-minute piece to perform. Be sure to let the Performathon team know if you have any special needs or require an accompanist so that we can get you into the right performance slot!
- Invite friends and family to donate and encourage them to attend the performances between March 29th and April 1st.
For information on becoming a Performathon Sponsor, contact the Development Office at 203.624.5189.
New this year: Alternate venues!! NMS is hitting the streets and bringing Performathon performances to the community at a variety of locations! Watch your email and check the bulletin board for updates.