2012 Gift of Life Walk, Run & Roll
Walk, Run or Roll with the
National Kidney Foundation of Illinois!
Prevent kidney disease one step at a time!
Sunday, June 24, 2012 | Chicago, IL
An estimated 1,500 people will gather at the Soldier Field Great Lawn to participate in the largest National Kidney Foundation of Illinois event: The Gift of Life Walk, Run and Roll! This fun-filled day includes live entertainment, kids’ activities, healthy living tips, refreshments, and a leisurely three-mile walk along beautiful Lake Michigan. New for 2012, there will be a 5K run!
This event brings together patients, family members, transplant recipients, living donors and donor families and members of the healthcare community, but they all have one thing in common - taking one step at a time to help fight chronic kidney disease and increase the availability of all organs for transplantation.
To register for the walk or run:
- Click the green "Register" button above right to get started! Activities include the 5K run and a walk.
- Create an account
- Fill in additional registration questions and select the blue "Next" button
- Join an existing team, create your own team, or participate as an individual.
- Set up a fundraising page
- Spread the word!
Lead the fundraising race!
- After registering, you will be prompted to create a personalized fundraising page and we hope you will consider doing so! In 2011, individuals just like you, raised more than $50,000 for NKFI education and prevention programs. Set a fundraising goal and share your page family members, friends and co-workers, who can make secure online donations from anywhere in the world.
Individuals that raise more than $75 receive a free t-shirt!
- Walk/Run Check-in begins at 9:00 AM
- Warm up is at 10:30 AM
- Run Step-off is at 10:40 AM
- Walk Step-off is at 10:50 AM
Health Fair is from 9:00 AM - 12:30 PM
Thank you in advance for your participation and support! We hope to see you on Sunday, June 24th!