In pursuit of a community free from sexual violence, Our VOICE serves all individuals in Buncombe County affected by sexual assault through counseling, advocacy, and education.
For more information on our programs (including counseling, Latino Outreach, Bar Outreach, Climbing Toward Confidence, Kelly's Line as well as volunteer and professional trainings) please visit us at www.ourvoicenc.org
You can also find us on Facebook for information and updates on trainings and events.
- We believe that all people deserve to experience healthy sexuality and personal safety, regardless of sex, gender identity or sexual identity. Our programming stems from this belief, and seeks to promote open communication and informed choice.
- People who experience sexual violence are not to blame. Perpetrators of sexual violence are to blame.
- We believe that with information and support, clients can explore options and alternatives and make their own decisions. All reports are taken seriously and believed.
- All information received from clients is strictly confidential (except in cases of child abuse or neglect, or when clients are a danger to self or others).
- We see sexual violence as a widespread public health threat with historical and cultural origins, rather than the isolated problem of a small margin of people. Sexual violence is one aspect of gender-based oppression, and is inextricably linked to other forms of oppression.
- We believe that healing is possible - both on an individual and a cultural level.
- We believe that most people, of all genders and backgrounds, see sexual violence and sexual harassment as wrong. It is our goal to unite across boundaries to address this problem together. We reject thinking that says rape is a woman's issue, or that denigrates men as the enemy.
Our VOICE, Inc. 44 Merrimon Avenue Asheville, NC 28801
Office Phone (828) 252-0562
24 Hour Crisis Line (828) 255-7576