26th Longevity Walkathon
The Longevity Walkathon is one of Self-Help's annual fundraising events. Funding sources has never paid for the full cost of operating programs, so throughout the years Self-Help has covered the acutal costs from funds raised from events such as the Walkathon. Today, with so many cuts, event like this becomes even more important.
Come out and join the 26th Longevity Walkathon. Walk with us, in memory or in support of someone you love, let us together enhance the standard of living of seniors.
- Create your own online walker’s fundraising page by clicking on the "Fundraise" button above.
- Download and fill out a pledge form from: http://www.selfhelpelderly.org/events/2011_Walkathon_Pledge_Form.pdf
Your Contribution at Work!
- Nutrition Program – Provide 243,501 hot meals and other supportive services in 15 different locations in San Francisco, San Mateo, Santa Clara and Alameda counties. We also provide 91,446 home delivered meals to seniors and younger adults with disabilities
- HomeCare & Hospice – Provide 18,000 quality home health and hospice visits to the community to assist the patient and their family in optimizing their quality life
- Social Service – Provide services to over 6,500 clients annually
- Technology Information Empowerment Center – Provide technological education, different topics of workshops, and support tailored to the cultural needs for over 500 clients annually
- Employment Training and Economic Development – Provide training to over 250 dislocated
workers, low-income adults, CalWork participants, and elder workers last program year