Group Leaders, rally your co-workers, friends and family to join your Group. Participate in honor or in memory of a loved one, or simply to support the important cause of ovarian cancer research. A Group is 3 or more members and categories are Groups and MD Anderson Groups.
MD Anderson Groups can include friends and family, but non-MD Anderson employees will not be counted towards the total for largest MD Anderson group. The Group Leader must be an MD Anderson employee.
New to Group Registration! Group members can combine their fundraising efforts to be the Top Fundraising Group.
At the Sprint for Life Post Race Party, awards will be given to:
The group with the most registered members (all members must be registered no later than May 4, 2012.)
The group displaying the most Sprint Spirit. (Sprint spirit is anything that shows your group’s originality, enthusiasm and support.)
Top fundraising group.
Group Leader responsibilities:
• Choose a name for your Group and register yourself as the Group Leader by answering the “
Are you a group leader question” as yes.
NOTE: FirstGiving uses the term “Team” and “Join a Team” for purposes of registration on this website: Teams and Groups are the same. You can register your group by entering a new “Team Name” in the “Join a Team” part of registration.
• Recruit Members and direct them to register on-line and select your group name from the list in the registration process.
• Be sure to indicate which packet pick-up event you will attend to retrieve your packets.
• Pick up and distribute your group's packets prior to race day. Group packets will not be available for pick up at race day registration.
• Make a sign to carry with you on race day to indicate that you are participating in the Sprint Spirit competition.
• Choose a meeting place for your group (not the registration area) and inform all members.
• On race day, assemble your group and wave your sign as you cross the start line.
Group Member Responsibilities
• Register for the race and indicate the name of the Group you are joining.
NOTE: FirstGiving uses the term “Team” and “Join a Team” for purposes of registration on this website Teams and Groups are the same. You can join your group by selecting your group’s name in the “Join a Team” part of registration.
• How to register:
o on-line by clicking the green register button above
o by mail, by fax, or in person using the Sprint for Life Entry Form (pdf)
• Coordinate with your Group Leader to obtain your race packet.
• Come to the race and show your Sprint Spirit!
Mail individual entry forms to:
MD Anderson Cancer Center
Sprint for Life, Unit 1362
PO Box 301439
Houston, Texas 77230-1439