Saturday - September 7- 2013
Thank you for accepting the challenge and becoming a Ride Hero! HIV/AIDS still threatens our communities. The AIDS Ride for Life, now in our 15th year, is a 42, 85 or 100 mile bicycle ride around Cayuga Lake, Ithaca, NY. Cyclists raise funds for the Southern Tier AIDS Program so it can continue to provide supportive services to HIV+ persons and state of the art prevention education. You will have the time of your life with the greatest people. Thank you for your support!
This event is about AIDS and the fact that it has not gone away.
* It is about the 40 million people in the world estimated to be living with HIV/AIDS.
* It is about the decrease in the rate of deaths from AIDS but the 56,300 new infections per year in the U.S.
* It is about the fact that New York is #1 in the U.S. in AIDS cases.
* It is about the 1320 clients the Southern Tier AIDS Program (STAP) has served since 1984 and the 383 currently active clients who need our support and to whom we provide hope.
* It is about the 138 regional events and 1,788 participants STAP reached with its Prevention Services Programs who now receive more up to date information about how to stay safe and reduce risk and make healthy choices.
* It is about promoting and sharing understanding; the understanding that AIDS is an incurable, but preventable disease.
The AIDS Ride for Life is about the stories yet to be told, the lives yet to be saved, and the dreams yet to be realized.
The AIDS Ride for Life is more than just a ride...it's an experience!