What if you didn't have clean water at your home? What would it be like to fetch 5 gallons of water from a far away river or pond and carry it home for 5 kilometers every day?
· In poor countries, women and children spend up to 5 hours a day fetching water for their families
· 5,000 children die from preventable, water-related illnesses every day
· 100 million children worldwide - mostly girls - receive no education at all mainly because they are fetching water
· The world’s poorest spend $30 billion each year on the treatment of preventable diseases caused by lack of access to water and toilets
Water 1st International depends on people like you to help provide sustainable, clean water projects to thousands of people around the world.
You can help the world's poorest with their greatest need. Just $75 provides clean water, a toilet, and hygiene education for a child for the rest of his or her life.
Click on the Get Started button above to create a personalized fundraising page that will allow you to:
· Email your friends and family a link to your fundraising page
· Collect secure online donations for Water 1st International
· Create widgets to place on your social networking pages or blogs
For more information about Water 1st: