Looking for a way to have fun, explore Elkhart, and raise money for Church Community Services all at the same time? Look no further and join us for the Amazing Elkhart Race 2014.
When: Saturday, April 26, 2014, beginning at 10 AM.
What: 10+ challenges that require teams to race around Elkhart.
Where: Start -- Civic Plaza, downtown Elkhart / End -- CCS, 907 Oakland Ave., Elkhart
Who: Teams of 4 adventure-seeking people, 18+ years old, able to walk/run up to 5 miles in the course of the race.
Why: Raise funds for CCS and its amazing programs. Plus, it'll be a blast! And did we mention, you could earn some amazing prizes!
1st Prize - $1000
2nd Prize - $800
3rd Prize - “Dinner under the chandelier” @ Palais Royale, 5 course meal w/ personal butler
Other Prizes will be awarded for various achievements.
How to register:
$50 for each person who registers by Feb 28.
$60 for each person who registers between Feb 29 and Apr 11.
$70 for each person who registers between Apr 12 and Apr 18.
Deadline: All team members must be registered by April 18. Registration fee is nonrefundable and teams with less than 4 members will not be allowed to run the race.
Follow these steps to register:
1. Read the race rules, event release & waiver, and FAQ links below. Waivers must be signed and submitted to CCS prior to the race, but not prior to registration.
2. Your team captain creates a free First Giving account, a team name, and their own personal page.
3. Other team members then create free First Giving accounts, join the team that was already created, and set their own personal fundraising goals.
4. We encourage each participant to be a "fundraiser" by using First Giving to create a unique, individualized fundraising page. Feel free to to include photos, tell why you are racing and share it with your friends and family. This makes it easy for you to reach a fundraising goal, get your registration fee back, or possibly even help your team gain a race advantage. Offline donations will also be counted towards your total raised. It's up to you and your teammates how you raise money. Just remember that the top fundraising team gets a 4-minute start advantage and the second hightest fundraising team gets a 2-minute advantage!
5. Important: Despite being a team event, each individual must register, join a team, and be considered a "fundraiser" as far as First Giving is concerned.
To sign up and join your team, click “Register” on the right and set up your personalized fundraising page. Then tell all your friends — through Facebook, Twitter, email, etc.
Ready? ...... Go!