For over 25 years, the Autism Society Central Virginia, a 501(c)(3) nonprofit, has served as the region’s premier source of education, advocacy, and support for individuals with autism spectrum disorder (ASD), their families and friends, and interested professionals.
To fulfill our mission to improve the lives of all affected by autism by maximizing the self- sufficiency, independence, and quality of life for all living with autism, the Autism Society Central Virginia established a 5K walk/run in 2002.
Held at the Innsbrook Pavilion, this family-friendly race includes entertainment, food, exhibitors, and a Kid’s Fun Zone. The 5K Run/Walk is the Autism Society Central Virginia's primary source of income, raising nearly $100,000 in May 2016. The funds raised here, stay here!
How to REGISTER:
• Click the red “Register” button near the top right of this page.
• Choose quantity and type of registrations.
• Create a FirstGiving account, so that money and information can be processed securely. If you already have a FirstGiving account, sign in using that information.
• Choose to join a team, create a team, or opt out of being a part of a team. (If you CREATE a TEAM, make sure to choose yourself as team captain. Also know that you will have a TEAM PAGE that you can edit, share with others, and have a fundraising goal for. For more info on editing your team page go here.)
• Enter the information requested for each person you are registering.
• Create a personal fundraising page, where you can set up a fundraising goal and share with others, or opt out of creating a personal fundraising page.
• Complete your registration by entering your credit card information.
How to DONATE to a Team or Individual:
• Click the red “Donate” button near the top of this page.
• In the Red area that says “Top Teams,” click on “View All.”
• Choose to donate to a Team or to Donate to an Individual, and then find the specific Team or Individual that you wish to support with your donation.
How to make a general donation to the 5K (not team specific):
Click the donate button on our website home page and follow the directions on that page. It explains how to donate online, via phone, or mail. Please make sure to mark your donation for the 5K.