Have fun, explore Elkhart, and raise money for CCS, all in one day.
$2,000 Top team prize
$1,200 Second place team prize, from Jones Obenchain, LLP and Jerrod & Theresa Hoeft
$800 Third place team prize, from Universal Forest Products
$200 Fourth place team prize, from Rise 'n Roll Bakery
When: Saturday, May 12, 2012, beginning at 11 a.m.
What: 12 challenges taking teams all around Elkhart.
Where: Start -- Civic Plaza, downtown Elkhart. End -- CCS, 907 Oakland Ave.
Who: Teams of 4 adventure-seeking people, 18+ years old
Why: Raise funds for Church Community Services' local food pantry, Soup of Success women's job and life skills training program, and emergency financial assistance. Plus, it'll be a blast! Top 2 fundraising teams get a 3-minute start advantage!
How to participate: $50 registration fee per person. Each person who raises at least $250 for CCS by April 22 will have the registration fee waived. Follow these steps to register:
1. Read the race rules, event release, and waiver -- links below. Waivers must be signed and submitted prior to the race.
2. Your team captain creates a free First Giving account, a team name, and their own personal page. Click the green Register button above to begin.
3. Other team members create free First Giving accounts, register, join the team that was created, and set their fundraising goals. Your registration fees will not show up as part of the fundraising goals. Click the green Register button above to begin.
4. Each participant is encouraged to become a "fundraiser" and use First Giving to create a unique, individualized fundraising page. Express yourself--include photos and tell why you want to do this. Then share it with your friends and relatives, including your whole social network. This makes it easy for you to set and reach a fundraising goal to get your registration fee back and potentially combine with other team members to gain a race advantage. Offline donations can be counted, too. Just send them to us at Church Community Services. It's up to you and your teammates how you raise money.
5. Important: Teams compete, but each individual needs to register, identify with a team, and is considered a "fundraiser" as far as First Giving is concerned.
Top 2 fundraising teams by date of race get a 3 minute start advantage.
Registration Deadline: April 22. Registration fee is nonrefundable unless you raise at least $250 (per person) before this date. Only the first 20 teams will be accepted.
To sign up and join your team, click “Register” on the right and set up your personalized fundraising page. Then tell all your friends—by Facebook, Twitter, email, etc. Ready? Go!
Event Release and Waiver