The WALK for the Homeless is a long standing community event which unites people from all sectors to help those at risk of or currently experiencing homelessness. We do this by raising public awareness as well as raising much needed funds to move those in need beyond homelessness.
The WALK brings together adults, children, faith groups, students, and local businesses to help bring stability to families, individuals, and neighborhoods across Worcester County.
Every step walked and every dollar raised makes a difference in the lives of our neighbors. Please join and ask your friends and family to support you in this important fundraising event. No amount is too big or small and your participation is critical to our success.
- Sunday, May 21
- Registration begins at 1:00
- WALK begins at 2:00 pm
- Rain or shine
And stay after the WALK for food and live music provided by the Chuck & Mud Band!
- If you need help getting started please call Amelia Peloquin at 774-243-3823 or email firstname.lastname@example.org .
- If you would like us to come and speak with your faith group or place of business, we are here for you! Please call Amelia Peloquin at 774-243-3823 or email email@example.com .
- If you are collecting donations offline, download a printable pledge sheet.
Your donation impacts the community by:
- Helping families maintain safe and affordable housing through Homelessness Prevention Services
- Providing hot nutritious meals to those in need in the community
- Assisting families who need to access safe shelter with services to move to self-sufficiency
- Providing furniture and household goods to households leaving shelter in order to make their house a home
- Giving hope to those who have experienced losing their home by providing tools to overcome their setback
All proceeds raised are distributed to programs at:
- Donations Clearinghouse (DCH)
- Hope for Housing
- Youth Against Homelessness (YAH!)
- Homeless Prevention Services
- Friendly House
- Interfaith Hospitality Network (IHN)
- St. John’s Food for the Poor Program
To read more about these agencies click here.
THANK YOU FOR YOUR SUPPORT!