THANK YOU to everyone who made a donation to help Raise the Roof for Winter at OTP! Although we've technically met our goal, let's keep going! Maintaining our all-volunteer sanctuary takes a lot of hours, and a lot of money to care for our residents. Thank you!
Boo the pot-bellied pig was abandoned in a field. Peter Rabbit's caretaker left him without food and water when he moved away. 6 baby chicks were left in a box in a parking lot. Muppet, Clair and Oscar's crowing meant they needed to leave their city homes.
So far in 2011, Out To Pasture Animal Sanctuary has welcomed 40 new residents. Now a safe home to over 150 animal friends, OTP continues to be a place where all beings are treated with kindness and compassion.
Winter is approaching quickly and we want to ensure that our residents will have the best care in these coming months.
We need to raise $4,000 for the following essential projects:
- Materials to replace the leaking stall roof: $400 - FUNDED!
- One ton of Eastern Oregon Orchard hay: $400 - FUNDED!
- Cedar chips for mud control in the pig pen and pasture: $350 - FUNDED!
- Materials to expand the rooster pen (we have 16 new roosters this year!): $350 - FUNDED!
- Emergency vet fund (that we hope will not be needed): $2,500 - FUNDED!
These funds will ensure that OTP is able to provide secure, safe, dry, hygienic housing for the animals as well as be prepared for any emergencies (that hopefully will never arise). As an all-volunteer organization, you can be sure that 100% of your donation will go to help the animals.
Raising The Roof for Winter is easy -- just click on the Donate button at the top of the page. If you would prefer to donate by check/money order, please make payment payable to "Out To Pasture Animal Sanctuary" and mail your donation to PO Box 2315, Estacada, Oregon 97023. Paypal users can donate through this link.
Fundraising to help Raise the Roof for Winter is easy! Here are some ideas:
- Spread the word! Tell your friends how they can help Raise the Roof for Winter!
- Organize a bake sale.
- Instead of going to dinner and a movie with a group of friends, stay in for the night and donate the money you would have spent to OTP as a group.
- Sell used CDs/DVDs and clothing to a local store that you don't use or need.
- Are you an eBay seller? Donate a percentage of your eBay sale proceeds to OTP through eBay Giving Works.
- Host a benefit concert, talent show, spelling bee or bingo evening.
- Own a business? Create a special item where proceeds benefit OTP, donate a % of your day's proceeds to OTP, or ask your customers on a given day to add $1 to their bill (and please let us know so we can help publicize for you)!
Have other ideas you'd like to share or have any questions? Please contact Kim at email@example.com.
Thank you so much for your continued support.