- Ashley Richardson
- Jari and Nettes Jison We wish you much success!
- Mercedes Concepcion
- Anali Morris
- Romeal good luck.
- Lizette Locay
- Marissa Martin
- Ashley Kinneberg
- Erica Mosca
- Greg Forsht I hope this will help out : )
Andrea Forsht's Page
Dear Family and Friends,
As many of you know, I started working for Citizen Schools in August 2011. After spending 3 years in the classroom and finishing my master’s degree in education policy and management, I came to Citizen schools because I believed in their vision:
to close the opportunity and achievement gap for low-income, underserved youth by extending the learning day and engaging students in real world learning, ensuring that all children graduate from high school ready to succeed in college and their careers.
The most important thing I learned while I was in the classroom is that opportunity gap is just as important as the achievement gap. Many students do not have access to art and music lessons, museum trips, vacations, sports, or other extra curricular activities. Citizen Schools closes this opportunity gap by expanding the learning day at struggling middle schools by providing:
• More time to learn- more than 400 hours of additional learning time each year, creating a school day comparable to that of the highest performing charter schools
• More talent and caring adults in the classroom- a second shift of educators made up of AmeriCorps Teaching Fellows and Citizen Teacher volunteers from a variety of inspiring professions
• More relevance in their learning experiences- hands-on apprenticeships that expose students to new career paths, college visits and community explorations, and intensive goal-setting that connects schoolwork with future success
By supporting my FirstGiving page, you can play a role in closing the opportunity gap and changing the life trajectories of the low-income students. Please help me to reach my fundraising goal of $1000 by March 13. Every little bit helps!
Thank you for visiting my page and thank you in advance, for your support and commitment to education reform.