Thank you for visiting my Personal Fundraising Page to help me raise money for the Melanoma Foundation of New England as I prepare to run the 2012 Boston Marathon.
Even though I qualified for Boston, I'm running to support melanoma prevention and education because this is a cause that's important to me: I have a family history of melanoma, and that's something I remained concerned about (yes, even in rainy Portland!).
- Even though melanoma comprises 4% of cancers, it causes 80% of all skin
- The number of melanoma cases is increasing faster than any other cancer.
- The greatest increase in melanoma incidents is in young women.
- Though there have been breakthrough drugs for advanced melanoma, and even
more new technologies for detection, your best bet is still knowledge and
- Besides, wearing sunscreen keeps you from looking all old and stuff. Leather isn't sexy when it's your skin.
I've committed to raising $4,000. Every bit counts! $5, $10, $26.20...and more!
Donating through this site is simple, fast, and totally secure. It is also the most efficient way to make a contribution to our fundraising efforts.
Many thanks for your support. Keep updated on my fundraising here and my training and general neuroses at bostonmulligan.blogspot.com.