On April 18, 2011, I will run the Boston Marathon to raise funds for Christopher's Haven, "a home for kids when cancer hits home".
Griffin and I spent December 2009 and January 2010 living at Christopher's Haven while he underwent daily proton radiation treatment along with physical, occupational, speech and vision therapy.
I feel a tremendous debt to Christopher’s Haven for providing a convenient, affordable place for us to stay, in addition to the emotional support for us to heal. I hope you'll support my fundraising efforts to ensure that Christopher's Haven is there for other families in need.
A gift of:
- $25 provides a welcome bag of groceries for new residents,
- $50 provides one month of phone and internet service in one apartment
- $100 covers the cost of a holiday party
- $150 covers the cost of cleaning an apartment between families
- $3,600 covers expenses for one apartment for one month
- $6,000 covers the cost of an average stay at Christopher’s Haven
Donating through this website is simple, fast and totally secure. I greatly appreciate your support – feel free to forward this to anyone who you think might want to donate too!