CHALLENGES: Team PHenomenal Hope (TPH), an all-women cycling team led by Dr. Patty George, a PH-treating physician, will be racing more than 3,000 miles across America in June of 2014. In an act of solidarity and support, Dr. Hap Farber will be skiing 100,000 vertical feet in one day (ONE DAY!) in March. Their goals are the same:
- Raise awareness of pulmonary hypertension (PH)
- Raise critical funds for the fight against PH
- Honor PH patients
PACESETTERS: Dr. Farber’s ski challenge is the model event for PH medical professionals looking to support TPH and the Race of Our Lives Campaign. Dr. George is asking fellow doctors to get involved, to take on their own challenge and to donate to PHA's overall effort.
Here is Dr. Farber's challenge by the numbers:
- 100,000 total vertical feet of skiing
- 48 - 50 ski runs to be completed (2,112 vertical feet each)
- 9 Hours to complete the runs
- 1 amazed PH Community
Support Dr. Farber's challenge foot-by-foot. Sponsor a number of feet ($1 per foot), a run ($20 per run), or with a general donation.