Thank you for visiting! welcome to our page! An anonymous donor gave HLD a challenge, for every 2 dollars raised by June 30th they will donate $1. What better gift can you give a child then that of an education? If you cannot donate by June 30th, that is perfectly fine. HLD's programs are year round, and all assistance is appreciated.
FUNDRAISING COMMITTEE MEMBERS:
Patricia Beauvais-Amnay, Paul D'Agostino, Nadege Fleurimond, Christopher Gorman, Johny Jacques, Moses St. Louis, Andry Orcel, John Paterson, Carla Prosper, Esq., Herve Sabin, Marjory Sheba, Donald Toussaint
Please share with a friend!
- HLD Impact
- In less than 10 years, HLD’s textbook lending program has impacted 8778 students since it began in 2001, providing textbooks to all children in grades 1-6 in 19 schools on the island of La Gonave, Haiti. Without textbooks, students can be turned away by the teacher, rendering it unlikely for the student to return due to embarrassment and lack of money to buy the required textbooks.
- HLD scholarship program has allowed 162 students to date to attend secondary school, which they otherwise would not be able to.
- HLD teacher training program has supplied teaching materials and trained to 127 teachers, affecting an unknown number of students.
- HLD’s Environmental Education Program has refurbished 2 classrooms and helped build 2 classrooms in 2 different communities on La Gonave. Provided 300 students in Palma and Les Abricots with solar powered flashlights. Each student who received a flashlight planted a tree to protect the environment.
- HLD’s students initiated the first garbage collection on the entire island at their school in Anse-a-Galets.
- Opened the first public library on the island of La Gonave, providing resources to more than 15,000 students and teachers in Anse-a-Galets.
- Donating through this website is simple, fast and totally secure. It is also the most efficient way to support this effort. Your money goes directly to Haiti Lumiere de Demain.
Many thanks for your support -- and don't forget to forward this to anyone who cares about literacy and empowering our young people.