Alma Cobos-Ayala & Marci Cobos-Soto's Fundraising Page

Coalition for Pulmonary Fibrosis

Alma Cobos-Ayala & Marci Cobos-Soto's Fundraising Page

In memory of Our beloved daddy Jose Santos Cobos

Alma Cobos-Ayala & Marci Cobos-Soto's Fundraising Page

Thank you for visiting our fundraising page in honor of our dad Jose Santos Cobos.

Donating through this website is simple, fast and totally secure. It is also the most efficient way to support our fundraising efforts.

Many thanks for your support. Any amount is greatly appreciated $5, $10, $15, or $20 will help this great cause.

Our beloved dad Jose Santos Cobos passed away on December 5, 2011 at the age of 81. He was diagnosed with mild Pulmonary Fibrosis in the year 1998. The disease reached the severe stage around May 2011 and our dad had to start using oxygen and it was a challenge for him to take his dog "Mini" for a walk which he loved to do but the disease physically limited him.  Our dad also suffered from other health problems for several years, such as heart problems and prostate cancer, but what ultimately debilitated him and changed his lifestyle was the Pulmonary Fibrosis.  Our dad was a very determined, motivated, spiritual, and strong man and still had hope and wanted to fight his Pulmonary Fibrosis but, unfortunately, there is no cure for this progressive disease.  It was extremely sad to see our dad go from being a very active man to becoming physically limited the last 7 months of his life.  In spite of our dad being physically limited, he was still happy and joyful around us, and especially around his two grandsons, Alberto Jose and Jacen Santos, whom he adored. This past Thanksgiving on November 24, 2011, although it was a big challenge and effort for him, he got up to dance with all of us for a few minutes. A few days later on November 27, 2011, he was hospitalized but he was still hopeful in the hospital the first few days and said he would be spending Christmas with us. However, we saw our dad struggling to breathe as each day went by at the hospital, and eventually he started to look worried and would keep on staring at the oxygen level monitor. Even though the doctors kept on raising his oxygen level and giving him several breathing treatments, it was no longer helping and by December 1, 2011, he could no longer talk to us or even drink water but he would still try to communicate with us.  By December 3, 2011, he could no longer try to communicate with us and it was hard for him to keep his eyes open but he was still holding on and our daddy passed away on December 5, 2011 at 2:15 a.m.  Our dad wanted to live at least to see his third grandson be born in March of this new year 2012 but his deadly disease of Pulmonary Fibrosis took that from him. He will always be in our hearts and never forgotten. He was a very loving father and grandfather ("tata").


This page is no longer accepting donations