Meggie Zayas's Page
Welcome to my personal Walk For Hope page.
I decided to get involved with Walk for Hope and Mutual Ground because I want to make a difference for families who are dealing with the nightmare of domestic violence and sexual assault. For most of us, our world is safe and secure—free from violence and abuse. We don’t have to worry if this is the day we will be assaulted again.
For victims of domestic violence and sexual assault, the world often seems full with darkness and despair. When an individual decides to reach out for help and come to Mutual Ground, he or she learns that there are options and possibilities they didn’t know about. They learn they really do have a future.
Mutual Ground’s programs focus on safety, healing and prevention. All the services are free. But of course it costs money to provide these services. These past few years have been especially difficult because of the crisis in the State budget and this tough economy.
Walk for Hope is a great way to reach out to friends and family for support. I hope you will support my fundraising efforts and the vital work of Mutual Ground by making a tax deductible donation right now. Here are some examples of what your donation could do:
• $14 will pay for a box of food for a victim to feed her family
• $22.50 will supply milk for a week for the shelter
• $60.00 will help a victim of domestic violence obtain an order of protection with the help of a court advocate
• $100.00 will supply a victim of domestic violence with a month of counseling sessions with a victim advocate
• $125.00 will pay for a month of therapy for a sexual assault victim
• $175.00 will pay for one night of shelter for a victim of domestic violence and her two children
• $270.00 will pay for one month of domestic violence support group sessions for five women
• $680.00 will pay for one 3 day sexual abuse prevention program for 150 Jr. High children
• $1,225.00 will pay for one week of shelter for a victim and her family
Please be as generous as you can. Donations made on this site are safe and secure. If you prefer, you can send a check to me, payable to Mutual Ground, or directly to Mutual Ground at 418 Oak Ave., Aurora IL 60506 (please mention my name).
You can learn more about Mutual Ground by visiting their website, www.mutualground.org.
I hope you forward this link to others who may want to help too.