Thank you for visiting my MS Run the US 2016 Fundraising Page!
RELAY ACROSS AMERICA:
The MS Run the US 2015 Relay is a 3,100 mile relay across America to raise awareness and funds to help CURE Multiple Sclerosis (MS)! The Relay begins in April 2016 in Los Angeles, CA and is completed in August 2016 in New York, NY. I am running the first segment from Los Angeles (Simi Valley), California to Barstow, CA. It totals 151 miles over 6 days, or a marathon a day for 6 days!
Eighteen (18) runners have been selected to run on average 160-miles over six consecutive days during their individually assigned segment. Each runner dedicates a week of running on the road, while collectively the Relay spans a distance and duration of 3,100-miles in 4 months. Check out my run segment HERE!
- Hometown: Eau Claire, WI
- Reside: Fond du Lac, WI since 1997
- UW Madison Graduate: 1994 (BA) and 1996 (MS)
- UW Collegiate Rower, Varsity 8: 1992-1995
- Married to Joe for 17 years, 2 Children ages 15 (Sam) and 12 (Sophie)
- Own TNT Adventure Obstacle Course and work as a kettlebell instructor at TNT Fitness Results, teaching ages 8 to 68!
- Segment Running: #1 http://www.mapmyrun.com/routes/view/395080954
- KEEP Collectives has designed awesome MS jewelry for sale and other items with proceeds going to my fundraising efforts here: Melissa's unique link: keep-collective.com/soc/zt9ux
- 24-Hour Row & Bike-A-Thon (1st Saturday in March at TNT Performance in Brookfield) Located: 12675 W Townsend St, Brookfield, WI 53005
- March 2016: All tips given at Cujak's Wine & Coffee Bar will be donated to #MSRuntheUS and my goal. Location: 47 N Main St, Fond du Lac, WI 54935
I was a part of the 2015 MS Run the US Relay, and ran Segment #1 from LA to Barstow, CA! I was encouraged by my good friend Amy Van Dyke that I could do this, even though at the time I had never run a marathon before. Well...I DID IT! It was one of the most challenging and rewarding things I have ever done in my life, and it meant so much that my efforts (training and fundraising) went to the amazing cause of building awareness and important research dollars for a CURE for Multiple Sclerosis. In the middle of the summer I was asked to help fill-in with the Indiana to Ohio relay segment and returned to the RV to run 80 miles, with friends helping with the segment and running 60 additional miles, totalling 140 for the week. We had a blast, and the mission was hard-wired into me. This is big...important, meaningful, and life-changing for everyone involved.
This challenge of running 151+ miles AGAIN scares the heck out of me! I know the training ahead of me this winter. At the same time, I believe it will again be one of the best things I've ever done--combining my enjoyment of running with doing something extraordinary for a bigger cause than just my own fitness. I'm running for a cause I believe in--awareness and a cure for MS!
Throughout my life I have known many with this disease, including my aunt and friends throughout my life. I have been introduced to many others through the MS Run the US connections and fundraisers, and feel very blessed to know each of them. You likely know someone affected by this debilitating and unpredictable disease.
HOW TO HELP:
My goal is to raise $10,000 for a CURE for MS. My goal is $100 from 100 donors. For a $100 donation, your name or business logo will be added to the back of one of my 6 running shirts and acknowledged the day of my race. For $250, your logo or name will go in larger print on the front of one of my running shirts.Of course, any donation is appreciated for this goal! Even $5 will help! $10,000 is a LOT of money to raise!
Donating through this website is simple, fast and totally secure. It is also the most efficient way to support my fundraising efforts.
Many thanks for your support -- please feel free to forward this to anyone who you think might want to donate too! It is so appreciated by me and the MS Run the US non-profit! Together we can work for a CURE for MS!