First of all, thank you so much for participating in the Victor Nose LBD challenge. Our hope is that this challenge brings a little more humor into the world, more awareness to Lewy Body Dementia, and a boost in funds towards research and treatments for the second most common form of dementia. #MustacheMeAboutLBD #VictorNoseLBD #NoseGlassesChallenge #NoseGlassesSelfie #pickyournosepickyourfriends
Here's how it works: once you've been challenged you have 72 hours to post a selfie in a pair of nose glasses online and tag 5 more people to do the same, or donate to the LBDA. Don't forget to use the hashtags and include the link to the fundraising page!
We created this challenge to honor the spirit of Victor Smigel, a master prankster, who was afflicted with Lewy Body Dementia. Victor had a sparkling sense of humor and was known to don a pair of nose glasses now and then for an easy laugh. Even in the throes of the disease his sense of humor remained.
7 Things to know about Lewy Body Dementia
1. It is the second most common form of dementia, right behind Alzheimer's
2. LBD is very difficult to diagnos as it can present first as Parkinson's, Alzheimer's or a psychiatric disorder
3. The symptoms are treatable, but the disease is not curable
4. LBD was the disease that Robin Williams was afflicted with
5. Traditional antipsychotic medications can make LBD symptoms worse, that is why diagnosis is imperative
6. Unfortunately many physicians are not famliar with LBD, so more awareness is urgently needed
7. Simple life changes can make drastic improvements to an LBD patients' quality of life
#MustacheMeAboutLBD #VictorNoseLBD #NoseGlassesChallenge #NoseGlassesSelfie #pickyournosepickyourfriends
"You can pick your friends, and you can pick your nose, but you can't pick your friend's nose" - Victor Smigel