Paws in the Park is a pet parade and vendor fair that raises much-needed funds for the animals of Humane Society Calumet Area. Free and open to the public, the vendor fair will feature family- and pet-friendly vendors and have a carnival theme with a dog agility course, games, food, entertainment, contests, and more!
Walk Registration: 9 - 10 a.m.
One-mile Parade Begins: 10:15 a.m.
Vendor Fair & Games: 9 a.m. - 2 p.m.
How to Participate in the Parade
In honor of our 75th anniversary, HSCA will host our first pet parade down the sidewalks of downtown Highland! Dress up your pet; decorate a wagon, stroller or cart; and get in on the fun! Prizes will be awarded to the top three most creative entries as decided by our judges. The entry with the largest number of human participates also will win a prize.
Register individually or as a team to walk in support of the animals of HSCA! Leashed dogs are welcome. Walkers are asked to raise pledges to participate.
To register, click the "Fundraise" button near the top of the page to create an account (you can raise pledges using this website).
For additional registration options, visit www.hscalumet.org/pawsinthepark.
Earn Pledge Prizes
When you raise pledges, you can earn prizes! Your online and in-person donations will be combined, and each time you reach a new level, you will receive an additional prize:
$25 - HSCA mini button
$50 - HSCA window cling
$100 - Paws in the Park event t-shirt
$250 - HSCA tote
$500 - HSCA hooded sweatshirt
$1,000 - store gift card ($50 value)
Collecting and Turning in Pledges
You also can collect pledges in person. Check, credit card, cash, and money order donations are accepted.
We encourage you to register by May 20 so you receive your pledge prizes the day of the event. You can continue to raise pledges and earn higher prizes until the day of the event, but after May 20, prizes may have to be picked up at a later date.
For additional instructions, visit www.hscalumet.org/pawsinthepark.
Tips for Fundraising
Enlist the help of friends, family, and coworkers by asking them to show their support with a pledge. Raising funds can be easy and fun!
• Create an online fundraising page. Click the "Fundraise" button near the top of the page to create an account and start raising pledges online.
• Double your efforts by checking if your employer has a matching gift program.
• Donate to yourself and lead by example! This show others that you are committed to a great cause, and thet will be encouraged to donate.
• Share your fundraising efforts with your friends and family via social media.
• Download our email template to let your friends, family, and coworkers know you are raising funds for HSCA.
• Download a pledge form and take it to work, the store, family events, etc.
• You also may wish to walk in memory of a person or pet.
Funds raised provide food, shelter and medical care for the animals of HSCA. HSCA would not exist without the generous support of the community. HSCA is a nonprofit organization that does not receive any state or tax dollars. We are funded solely through donations and fundraisers.
For more info, visit www.hscalumet.org/pawsinthepark or call 219.513.8911.