Joe Jonas iWin 5k Fun Run
Benefitting Special Olympics Florida
Monday, Sept. 6, 2010 (Labor Day)
Registration 6am - Race Start 8am
Nova Southeastern University
Ft. Lauderdale, FL
PRE-REGISTRATION IS NOW CLOSED
All other registrations will be on site, day of event, at $45. Paying with cash will expedite your day-of check in process. Credit/debit cards accepted as well.
In keeping with his passion for running and philanthropy, Joe Jonas of the famous Jonas Brothers will be running alongside his fans and fans of Special Olympics as part of the Joe Jonas iWin 5k Fun Run. This run is one of several family events that Joe Jonas and his Change for the Children Foundation is hosting across the country to raise awareness and funds for Special Olympics.
There are both 1k and 5k courses so everyone is welcome to come out and walk, jog, or sprint alongside Joe and fellow fans.
Register on-line, set a fundraising goal and compete in the fundraising challenge for top prizes, including the chance to meet Joe Jonas at the event and free tickets to the Jonas Brothers concert in West Palm Beach on September 7.
Early registration fees are $30 per person (registered by midnight on 9/4) and $45 per person day-of. Fees include a commemorative racing bib and finisher's prize.
INCENTIVE PRIZES: build your very own fundraising page to compete for prizes and exclusive opportunities!
(Fundraising total will be tallied as of 9/5/10 at 12:00 midnight)
• Raise a minimum of $70 (above and beyond $30 reg. fee) – receive a commemorative racing bib, finisher's prize and a Joe Jonas iWin Fun Run t-shirt
• The top 25 fundraisers* will receive everything mentioned above AND a meet and greet with Joe Jonas before the race.
• The top 5 fundraisers* will receive everything mentioned above PLUS they'll get to start the run with Joe AND also have a special award presented to them by Joe Jonas during the Awards Ceremony immediately following the race.
• The top two fundraisers* will receive everything mentioned above PLUS two free tickets with premier seating to the Jonas Brother concert on September 7, 2010 at the Cruzan Amphitheatre in West Palm Beach.
* Must raise over $1,000 to qualify.
IMPORTANT: Offline donations are to be turned in upon check-in the morning of the event, between 6:00 and 7:00 a.m. Any donations received after 7:00 a.m. will count toward $100 prizes only: you will not be eligible for the top 25, 5, or 2 fundraising prizes, due to time constraints.
GETTING STARTED IS EASY!
It only takes a few minutes to create your very own Online Fundraising Page:
1. Click the Get Started button
2. Personalize the text and the photo on your Online Fundraising Page to express your passions and your purpose.
3. Send the link out to your friends, family, colleagues - anyone you think will help you reach your goal
WHY SUPPORT SPECIAL OLYMPICS?
Special Olympics provides year round sports training and competition opportunities for children and adults with intellectual disabilities FOR FREE. By participating in Special Olympics, athletes gain self-confidence and skills that carries over into their every day lives, giving them the opportunity to be contributing, respected members of their communities.
STILL HAVE QUESTIONS?
If you have any questions, please contact Linda Mills, Special Olympics Broward County at 954-262-2150 or at email@example.com.