What is Pups and Pucks, The Grand Rapids Griffins 6th Annual Fall Walk-a-thon?
At the walk-a-thon, you and your family (four-legged friends too) can join the team by walking in an effort to raise awareness for abused, abandoned and neglected dogs. After the walk, join the fun and enjoy a variety of family-friendly activities including: Hay Rides, Petting Zoo, Arts and Crafts, a Pet-friendly Marketplace and so much more!
The Grand Rapids Griffins made a commitment to the betterment of our local animal community by partnering with Mackenzie’s Animal Sanctuary, the largest no-kill Sanctuary in the Midwest, dedicated to finding homes for abused, abandoned and neglected dogs.
Each year, the players and coaches walk Sanctuary dogs in an effort to help find that dogs’ their forever homes. They have also helped raise thousands of dollars for Mackenzie’s by collecting pledges.
Pups and Pucks Accomplishments
A big thanks to everyone that has participated in and supported our past 5 walk-a-thons. Because of you, we have raised enough money to have our very own ON-SITE VET CLINIC! Come and take a tour of the brand new facility.
A big thank you the top donors to our Vet Clinic:
· Tim & Karen Pederson - $130,000
· Lacks Enterprise, INC - $13, 637
· BISSELL Pet Foundation - $10,000
How You Can Help this year
Register and Start Collecting Pledges Today!:
Step 1: Register
To register and to create your own fundraising page today - simply click on the "Register" tab at the top right of this page. Registration is $10 per person. Children 12 and under are FREE.
**The first 100 people to pregister will receive a goodie bag!!!
Step 2: Fundraise, Fundraise, AND Fundraise
It's time to create your very own fundraising page to collect pledges for Mackenzie's! Firstgiving makes this a very simple and user friendly process. You can even upload your picture or a picture of the dog that you are walking for. Once you've created your page, email it to friends, family, co-workers and any pet lover you know and asked them to help you reach your goal and make a donation to Mackenzie's!!
***There might just be something in it for you if you are the top fundraiser!
Step 3: Come to Mackenzie's on Monday October 14th for the 6th Annual Fall Walk-a-thon, with or without a dog to walk and have a PAW-some time!!!
· Dogs participating in the walk must present current proof of the following healthcare: Bordatella Vaccination, Distemper Vaccination, Rabies Vaccination, and proof of a negative Fecal Exam (fecal taken within last 12 months). Proof of your dog's records can be faxed to Mackenzie's office at 616-855-2285, or submitted with your Registration form
· All participating dogs must be kept on-leash and under control at all times
· All dogs participating should be comfortable with other dogs, and people of all ages
· We request that dogs be the only pets that attend this event. (no cats or other small animals)