Join us at our dog-friendly 5K walk/run for NEADS! The route is accessible for people with a disability. Register to walk or run on your own, create a team with friends, or become a corporate sponsor! Join us after the 5K for the Festival on the NEADS campus, and enjoy food, entertainment, our puppy duck race down the Stillwater Creek, and more!
* Please pre-register!
* Walk-ins must register from 7:30-8:15am.
* Walk/run begins promptly at 8:30am, no late arrivals will be able to participate.
* Number for walkers/runners will be provided at registration on the day of the event.
* $25.00 registration fee (children 12 and under, no registration fee).
* Participants are asked to walk/run at no more than 2 abreast along the route.
* Parking is available at the 8 Point Sportsmen’s Club and a shuttle van will be provided by NEADS from our campus to the club, for those participants who choose not to walk back.
* Each team member is required to register.
* Children under 12 are free!
Our goal is to help NEADS/ Dogs for Deaf and Disabled Americans raise $100,000, to fund our many programs including Prison PUP Partnership, the Pawsitively Strong Fund, Canines for Combat Veterans and the Trauma Assistance Dog Program. We hope that each team will participate in the walk to the best of its ability. The more contributions you raise, the more successful we’ll be at achieving our goal! Walkers, Team Captains and Team Members may set up fundraising pages by clicking the "Register" button above.
START: 8 Point Sportsmen's Club, 147 Beaman Road, Sterling, MA
Left on Beaman Road
Right on Wilder Lane
Hard right onto Wilder Road
Left onto Beaman Road
Left onto Quail Roost Drive
Left onto Still River Road
Left onto Redemption Rock Train/Route 140
END: NEADS campus, 305 Redemption Rock Trail/Route 140
Participants are encouraged to wear hats, use sunscreen and wear appropriate clothing for the weather. All dogs are welcome. However, dogs must be on a 6ft or shorter leash and under control at all times. Retractable leashes are not allowed. If you have a dog that will be stressed in an environment with many other people and dogs, perhaps it might be better if you attended without him. For your safety and the safety of our pets we ask that all dogs have updated vaccinations.Waste disposal bags will be provided. Walkers and runners are asked to be respectful of private and public property. By signing up for the 5K, you waive and release any and all claims that you may have against persons and organizations affiliated with the 2014 NEADS Festival 5K Walk/Run. You further attest that you are physically fit and have sufficiently trained for this event.
We are looking for volunteers along the route to pass out water and trash collection. For questions, to become a sponsor or to volunteer, contact Doreen Sheridan at: firstname.lastname@example.org, tel: 978-422-9064 ext 37.