Saturday - September 10, 2016
Thank you for being a part of the Ride. You belong here. HIV/AIDS still threatens our communities. The AIDS Ride for Life, now in our 16th year, is a fully supported, 42, 85 or 100 mile bike ride beginning in Ithaca, NY raising money and awareness in the fight against HIV/AIDS. . Every year, this landmark ride around Caygua Lake in the beautiful New York State Finger Lakes Region delivers a life-changing experience for hundreds of participants from all backgrounds and fitness levels who are united in spirit by a common desire to do something altruistic.
This event is about AIDS and the fact that it has not gone away.
* It is about the 40 million people in the world estimated to be living with HIV/AIDS.
* It is about the decrease in the rate of deaths from AIDS but the 56,300 new infections per year in the U.S.
* It is about the fact that New York is #1 in the U.S. in AIDS cases.
* It is about the 1320 clients the Southern Tier AIDS Program (STAP) has served since 1984 and the 383 currently active clients who need our support and to whom we provide hope.
* It is about the 138 regional events and 1,788 participants STAP reached with its Prevention Services Programs who now receive more up to date information about how to stay safe and reduce risk and make healthy choices.
* It is about promoting and sharing understanding; the understanding that AIDS is an incurable, but preventable disease.
The AIDS Ride for Life is about the stories yet to be told, the lives yet to be saved, and the dreams yet to be realized.
The AIDS Ride for Life is more than just a ride...it's an experience!