The Walk may be over, but you can still make donations to participants!
Fundraising Prizes: You may continue fundraising to achieve the Advocate Level ($150) or Brainstormers Level (top 30 fundraisers) until May 15, 2015. Top 30 fundraisers nationwide will be determined after May 15. TAAF will notify the top 30 fundraisers to request shirt size and shipping address. Walk On Your Own fundraisers will receive prizes after May 15.
Join The Aneurysm and AVM Foundation in continuing our national day of aneurysm and AVM awareness: May 3, 2015 is National Aneurysm and AVM Walk Day!
Walk with us in San Francisco as we celebrate our 10th Anniversary of the Annual Aneurysm and AVM Awareness Walk! Join hundreds of survivors, caregivers, medical professionals, and community members as we raise awareness and funds to support our programs, educational outreach, and research grants.
1 mile, 2 mile, and 5K walk routes will take you around Crissy Field to the base of the majestic Golden Gate Bridge. Afterwards, join us for a celebration which includes lunch, raffle prizes, live music, and inspiring speakers.
· 9am: Check-in begins
· 9:45am: Opening Remarks
· 10am: Walk begins
· 10:30am - 1pm: Celebration, lunch, live music, and raffle drawings
PARKING AND DIRECTIONS
Free public parking is available at the Mason Street Lot located on the east side of 603 Mason Street. The lot is across the street from the Marsh and a 5 minute walk to the Walk Start/Finish Point. Do not park at the Sports Basement lot.
If you are using GPS, use 603 Mason Street, San Francisco, CA 94129 (you must include ZIP code because there is another Mason Street in SF). Due to construction, several roads have been closed. Give yourself extra time in the morning and do not rely solely on GPS.
WHAT TO BRING
- Comfortable, casual attire and shoes – this is a walk, after all!
- A blanket to sit on. We’ll provide food, but feel free to bring your own picnic.
- Be prepared! San Francisco spring weather is unpredictable! The Walk is happening rain or shine, so bring sunscreen and a jacket.
- Pre-registered walkers proceed directly to the check-in tables.
- Unregistered walkers should pick up and sign waivers before getting in line for check-in.
- You may turn in cash or check donations.
- On-site registeration the day of: $30
WALK ON YOUR OWN: Can’t make it to SF? Raise awareness and make an impact on aneurysm and AVM research in your own neighborhood by registering as a "Walk on Your Own Participant."
Fundraising Communication Note--When sending emails from your page, note that you may not send more than 25 at a time. If you attempt to send more than 25 emails at once, you will receive an error message.