The Walk may be over, but you can still make donations to participants!
Fundraising Prizes: You may continue fundraising to achieve the Advocate Level ($150) or Brainstormers Level (top 20 fundraisers) until May 31, 2015. Top 20 fundraisers nationwide will be determined after May 31. TAAF will notify the top 20 fundraisers to request shirt size and shipping address. Walk On Your Own fundraisers will receive prizes after May 31.
Join The Aneurysm and AVM Foundation (TAAF) in continuing our national day of aneurysm and AVM awareness, Sunday, May 15, 2016!
Walk with us in San Francisco as we celebrate our 11th Annual Aneurysm and AVM Awareness Walk! Join hundreds of survivors, caregivers, medical professionals, and community members as we raise awareness and funds to support our programs, educational outreach, and research grants.
1 mile, 2 mile, and 5K walk routes will take you around Crissy Field to the base of the majestic Golden Gate Bridge. Afterwards, join us for a celebration which includes food, raffle prizes, live music, and inspiring speakers.
· 1pm: Check-in begins
· 1:45pm: Opening Remarks
· 2pm: Walk begins
· 2:30pm - 5pm: Celebration, food, live music, and raffle drawings
PARKING AND DIRECTIONS
Free public parking is available at the East Beach Lot. The lot is before the Marsh and a 7 minute walk to the Walk Start/Finish Point. There is additional free parallel parking along side of 603 Mason Street. Do not park at the Sports Basement lot. For paid parking options (max of $8/day), please use the ParkMe site.
If you are using GPS, use 603 Mason Street, San Francisco, CA 94129 (you must include ZIP code because there is another Mason Street in SF). Give yourself extra time (we're recommending an hour and 45minutes) and do not rely solely on GPS.
WHAT TO BRING
- Comfortable, casual attire and shoes – this is a walk, after all!
- A blanket to sit on. We’ll provide food, but feel free to bring your own picnic.
- Be prepared! San Francisco spring weather is unpredictable! The Walk is happening rain or shine, so bring sunscreen and a jacket.
- Pre-registered walkers proceed directly to the check-in tables.
- Unregistered walkers should pick up and sign waivers before getting in line for check-in.
- You may turn in cash or check donations.
- On-site registration the day of: $30
WALK ON YOUR OWN: Can’t make it to SF? Raise awareness and make an impact on aneurysm and AVM research in your own neighborhood by registering as a "Walk on Your Own Participant."
Fundraising Communication Note--When sending emails from your page, note that you may not send more than 25 at a time. If you attempt to send more than 25 emails at once, you will receive an error message.