The Walk may be over, but you can still make donations to participants!
Fundraising Prizes: You may continue fundraising to achieve the Advocate Level ($150) or Brainstormers Level (top 20 fundraisers) until June 19, 2017 (previously 5/31). Top 20 fundraisers nationwide will be determined after 6/19 when TAAF will notify them, request shirt size and shipping address. Walk On Your Own fundraisers will receive prizes after July 4.
Join The Aneurysm and AVM Foundation (TAAF) in continuing our National Day of Aneurysm and AVM awareness, Sunday, May 7, 2017!
Walk with us in San Francisco as we celebrate our 12th Annual Aneurysm and AVM Awareness Walk! Join hundreds of survivors, caregivers, medical professionals, and community members as we raise awareness and funds to support our programs, educational outreach, and research grants.
1 mile, 2 mile, and 5K walk routes will take you around historic Crissy Field to the base of the majestic Golden Gate Bridge. Afterwards, join us at the East Beach picnic and parking area for a celebration which includes food, raffle prizes, live music, and inspiring speakers.
· 9am: Check-in begins (East Beach picnic area)
· 9:45am: Opening Remarks
· 10am: Walk begins (around Crissy Field)
· 10:30am - 1pm: Celebration, lunch, live music, and raffle drawings (East Beach picnic and parking area)
PARKING AND DIRECTIONS
Free parking is available at the East Beach Lot. We have reserved a portion and it is first come, first served with access beginning at 8:45AM. There is additional free parallel parking alongside the entirety of Mason Street. Do no park at the Sports Basement lot. For paid parking options (max typically of $8/day), consider using ParkMe. It is a great resource and most of the sites are within 5-10 minute walk of the East Beach picnic area.
If you are using GPS, use 1199 East Beach, San Francisco, CA 94129. Give yourself extra time in the morning and do not reply solely on GPS.
WHAT TO BRING
- Comfortable, casual attire and shoes – this is a walk, after all!
- A blanket to sit on. We’ll provide food, but feel free to bring your own picnic. Plus, we will be jamming to the tunes of David Martin's House Party.
- Be prepared! San Francisco spring weather is unpredictable! The Walk is happening rain or shine, so bring sunscreen and a jacket.
- Pre-registered walkers proceed directly to the check-in tables.
- Unregistered walkers should pick up and sign waivers before getting in line for check-in.
- You may turn in cash or check donations here.
- On-site registration the day of: $30
WALK ON YOUR OWN: Can’t make it to SF? Raise awareness and make an impact on aneurysm and AVM research in your own neighborhood by registering as a "Walk on Your Own Participant."